If you are assigned to accomplish a narrative essay for college or university, it is a good opportunity to demonstrate your skills in storytelling and your knowledge in a particular subject or field of study. A lot of undergrads report that this type of academic writing is easier in contrast to most written projects. You just have to choose a specific person, life episode, or event and discuss all possible results from your viewpoint. As a result, your readers get more involved in your story.
Many students choose to use free essay writing services; however, before you decide to do so, ensure to try to cope with the project on your own. Before you get your hands on narrative essay writing, make sure to pick a topic that you’re interested in. If the chosen topic is familiar to you and you can discuss it for hours – bingo! With some little effort, you will be able to compose a narrative essay that deserves an A+.
Before we talk about the tips on how to write a winning narrative essay, let’s make it clear what a narrative essay is. Typically, the definition may vary from school to school. As a rule, a narrative essay is an academic project that an author uses to tell a story and share some personal experience. Readers pay more attention to the narrative essays because let’s face it, every person likes stories. Besides, writing a narrative essay enables you to make science more understandable for most readers. For that reason, you have to develop a solid structure for your project, prepare an interesting story, and follow the existing standards for writing this type of college paper to get the best scores.
Tips and Tricks on a Narrative Essay Writing
- Choose the essay topic. Regardless of the issues that you’re going to discuss, make sure you can weave your point of view into a story that matters. Your essay is going to fail if you don’t happen to be involved in your story and don’t share your personal experience with your readers.
- Create your draft. If you don’t plan your narrative essay, you won’t be able to produce a good story. Create a narrative essay outline to use as your map in the process of writing. Make sure to polish your draft until you’re sure it is as detailed as possible and meets all the existing requirements. Even the most famous and talented writers tend to use this method when working on their masterpieces.
- Include all ingredients of a storyline. Most narrative essays comprise the following sections: characters, description, setting, plot, and so on. Use these elements since they can help you hook your readers and make them ponder over your message. Ensure your narrative essay includes all the elements mentioned above and is composed according to the existing standards.
- Come up with your viewpoint. When writing a narrative essay, you need to make sure that your target audience will understand all the events and how they’re related to each other. Also, your readers should clearly understand what your role in a particular event is. For that reason, you have to let your listeners know each detail of the event under discussion, and explain why you behaved this or that way in the story.
- Support your point of view. In a narrative essay, you should provide your point of view and solid arguments that back it up. Feel free to provide your target audience with any references and facts that support your ideas and conclusions.
- Avoid meaningless information. If you use details that mean nothing to your narrative essay, your readers will end up being totally confused. To find out if certain details should be included, ensure to check if they have crucial roles in the plot.
- Use simple language. Using appropriate vocabulary in your narrative essay is a must for clear writing. The point here is that the better your target readers understand the message you’re trying to convey, the more possible their commended will be. What is more, it is important to keep in mind that things that you’re perfectly aware of can be unknown to your audience. For that reason, it is important to check your narrative essay before you submit it.
- Provide a chronological description of the events. Typically, narrative essays are presented in chronological order. This enables you to avoid any sort of confusion, as well as provides your readers with an opportunity to follow your thoughts easily.
- Check some samples of narrative essays. If you make sure to browse as many samples as you can, you will have an opportunity to provide your readers with a well-developed plot. If possible, ensure to watch various video presentations where people discuss their experience in a particular life story. This will help you learn to present your ideas more clearly.
- Always check instructions and discuss them with your tutor. When you’re assigned a narrative essay, it is important to read your professor’s requirements and guidelines. What is more, it is recommended to check your tutor’s office hours to approach them for further discussion.
How Long Should Your Narrative Essay Be?
Before you start writing your narrative essay and thinking about how many sections to include, make sure to follow two simple rules. First, ensure to produce an essay that contains as many words as your tutor asks you to. Second, write a narrative essay that is as short and informative as you can possibly make it. Regardless of the number of words that you are allowed to include, you need to produce a piece that 100% unpacks your topic, provides your readers with a clear idea of your message, and hooks your readers’ attention with an interesting plot.